Thursday, May 14, 2009

Blanket

I have been pretty busy the last couple of months making a denim quilt for TaKara's twin big girl bed. We took the side off of her crib a few months ago so she can get in and out by herself and she is so much happier when she wakes up. Last week I went to St. George and my wonderful mom helped me tie it. I can't believe we found some variegated yarn that matched it perfectly. We had rubber fingers on our fingers so it was easier to pull the needle/yarn through and TaKara decided she needed some too.


This morning I finished binding it. Also there is a giant matching pillow...it is about 2' x 3'. I am so excited...it turned out better than I expected...since this is the first quilt I have ever made let alone pieced. TaKara is already in love with it ;)

1 comment:

Marci said...

You are so awesome; I just love the quilt. I'm proud of you! I finally...and JUST, found my potty-training book. I'm so sorry. Would you still like to read it??